Intending to generate synergies within several businesses, Samsung India has gone all out to restructure its organization by incorporating three new teams. It hopes to strengthen its footprint in India by doing so. So, when you buy a new Samsung mobile, remember Samsung is much more than just a smartphone.
The company announced the changes in December 2021, and it has also expressed the need to expand its footprint in India. More about the organizational changes in the paragraphs that follow.
The reorganization of the team
Is Samsung Korean company? Samsung is a South Korean company that is one of the largest electronic device producers. What does Samsung specialize in? The company has expertise in producing a broad spectrum of electronic gadgets and devices that include digital media devices, memory chips, industry electronics, and many other integrated systems.
- CH Choi has been appointed as the new leader for the division Consumer Electronic business and,
- Jinsock Lee will henceforth be the leader of the division of Network business and will now be based in Mumbai.
- Meanwhile, Jongburn Park will remain as the Division Leader for the Mobile business segment, as per the company’s statement.
- The new Head of Sales, Marketing and Operations for the business of Consumer electronics will now be Mohandeep Singh and
- Raju Pullan will now be the Head, Sales and Retail for the business of Mobiles.
- According to the statement, the leader for Product Marketing for the Mobile Business will be Aditya Babbar.
- Asim Warsi, the Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer for Samsung India, is most likely to take up an advisory role in the company. He will be engaged in a different professional path and remain associated with Samsung India.
- The MD of Samsung R&D Institute in Bangalore, Dipesh Shah, has been entrusted with heading the Customer Experience (ICX) and Business Strategy team, which has been newly created. It has been made to extend multiple device experiences for consumers in India.
- The Direct-To-Customer team, which is Samsung India’s new team, will be led by Sumit Walia, who has been entrusted with leading the Corporate Marketing team.
- Akash Saxenaa will head a new Enterprise Business team now.
The objective of the re-organizing
As per the reshuffling that has taken place in the team, it has been done keeping in mind the objective of expanding the footprint in India. The restructuring also aims at delivering a better and enriching experience for the consumers, and the company hopes to take giant strides in future technologies that drive innovation.
The company has also stated that the changes that have been incorporated will aid Samsung in continuing to serve the consumers and the company’s partners in India, as the company has been doing in the last 25 years. Samsung hopes to attain the “Powering Digital India” vision by changing. As far as revenue is concerned, Samsung reported INR 75,886.3 crore during 2020-2021.