Health is probably the single most important thing in our lives. Good health brings productivity and joy. However, in the world we live in today, maintaining a healthy lifestyle routine is very difficult.
There are various factors due to which our health deteriorates and we should always be careful about them. The first step towards having a healthy body, mind, and life is to ask yourself how is your health. One needs to be honest with themselves when it comes to health. To make a change and be a healthy person, a proper evaluation of the current health is crucial.
Let us now look into the importance of good health
- Being healthy and maintaining a healthy lifestyle can reduce the risk of diseases in the future, especially chronic ailments.
2. Being physically healthy often means better mental health. This is of extreme importance, especially because we are living in a time where more and more people are suffering from mental health troubles each day.
3. When the body and mind are healthy, the person concerned is happy. Research has shown that happy people are more productive than others at work.
Now that we have the idea of how good health can be beneficial to us, the major question we face is, how to be healthy? What can we do that can make us feel good and happy about ourselves? We have compiled a list of mantras for good health. Read on to find out more.
1. Maintain a balanced diet
Food is the fuel of our body and apparently, most of our world leaders pay a lot of attention to what they are eating. What we eat provides us with the energy to work, study, earn, or just to live a life. To have a healthy lifestyle, one must have a balanced diet.
The best way to keep a check on the food one is consuming, is to cook at home. One mistake that people commit is by skipping breakfast because they are always in a hurry to get to their school, college, or work. This is the first habit that needs to go. A quick suggestion from our side will be to try out healthy breakfast Indian recipes which generally take less time and apart from being healthy, they are also tasty. People should also drink enough water or refreshing liquids throughout the day to keep themselves hydrated as well as flush away toxins.
Apart from maintaining a diet, avoiding junk food and carbonated drinks are also recommended because they have been proved to cause comorbid diseases such as Diabetes.
2. Have an exercise routine
Having a diet is never enough. One can eat just salads all day and still be unhealthy. Exercising has various benefits and that is why it has to be paired with a balanced diet and lifestyle. Studies have shown that the best time to work out is in the morning because it can provide you with the energy that you will need to go through the day. However, a person can choose to have their exercise session whenever they want. Maintaining a regular time for workouts also works as well as morning workout sessions.
Among various kinds of exercises, running and jogging are the two of the easiest and most pleasant activities which can be conducted outdoors. Such activities can also help one be connected to nature and people. Apart from that, Yoga and Meditation are activities that can help with the betterment of mental health. For people who find such exercises boring, there are various other fun ways to sweat them out, such as Zumba and aerobics.
3. Fix your attitude
This heading might sound harsh but it is the reality. A major part of our health depends on how we look at things around us. Having a positive attitude can come in handy. It is important to be optimistic and look at the brighter sides of the things that happen in our day-to-day lives. If one has a negative outlook, they will probably focus on the things that went wrong and wish they hadn’t. This, in turn, can create a series of negative emotions such as anger, hatred, and confusion which can, in turn, have physiological effects as well.
This is the reason why we should try to look for solutions when they arise instead of having a negative reaction to them. It is a proven fact that optimistic people have better and more organized careers compared to others.
4. Let go of bad habits
It is often said that habits make or break a person. If you are a person who has habits such as smoking or drinking, you must stop at once. Such activities can escalate to the point of addiction and ruin the whole structure of your life. Apart from this, excessive consumption of any substance is unhealthy and has long-term effects on your body as well as your mind.
For example, within three months of quitting smoking, a person has better lung and heart functions, has a better sense of taste and smell, and has better fertility.
The same applies to any other substance, be it alcohol or any other drug. Such substances can be a feel-good thing once in a while, but a regular habit can cost you both money and time.
We hope you have got an answer to how to stay healthy and fit. However, there are some other points that one needs to follow to have a really healthy diet and routine, given below as follows –
1. Sleeping patterns are crucial for the maintenance of a proper routine. It also affects the bodily function of a human being. This is the reason why one should always have a fixed time to go to sleep and wake up.
2. In the age of mobile phones and laptops, it has become compulsory to mention that one needs to cut down on screen time. Research has shown that a considerable amount of time on the phone before bed can ruin your sleep or delay it.
3. Planning ahead can be a good idea to follow a routine all through the week. One can plan the meals of the day well in advance. This gives one the opportunity to include all sorts of food with different nutritional values and make it a properly balanced meal. Pro Tip – Whenever in doubt, go for Indian healthy recipes which are incredibly simple to cook.
4. Keep a check on your activities, how many calories you burn in a day, and how many steps you walked. This can help you to maintain a level and gradually push yourself harder for strenuous challenges.
5. Self-Care is of utmost importance. Apart from eating well, exercising, and being positive, one must also pay considerable attention to the self. Sometimes it can get physically or mentally taxing to deal with the daily routine.
When something of the sort happens, make sure you handle it in your own way. The focus is such scenarios should be on yourself. Activities such as solo dates, self-pampering, and solo trips can be of great help, not only in dealing with the situation but also to know yourself. Being healthy in a world like ours is a tough job. There are thousands of reasons for us to become unhealthy, starting from junk food to mobile phones. In such a world, trying to be healthy is a difficult task. However, with proper knowledge and adequate planning living a healthy life is pretty simple.